Vonetix™, built exclusively by Gold Systems, provides a single infrastructure to design, develop and deploy unified communications applications and to integrate them with an enterprise's existing customer and employee communication systems.
Gold Systems uses Vonetix 7 Voice to create enterprise class interactive voice response (IVR) and speech recognition applications and incorporate them with an organization's unified communications (UC) environment. Vonetix 7 UC includes a development environment to create Communication-Enabled Business Process (CEBP) applications that add value to an enterprise's UC tools and infrastructure.
Previous releases of Gold Systems Vonetix, such as Vonetix 3 and its suite of plug-ins, have been sold and licensed to IVR system developers such as Avaya and Cisco, and have been shipped as part of their IVR systems for many years. Documentation and support information for Gold Systems Vonetix 3 can be found in our Support Center.
Vonetix 7 Voice is the latest release of the design, development and deployment software that Gold Systems uses to create enterprise class interactive voice response (IVR) and speech recognition applications and incorporate them with an organization's unified communications environment. Vonetix 7 was written from the ground up to integrate with Microsoft unified communications and speech technologies, including the latest release of Microsoft Lync.
Gold Systems has used Vonetix 7 to create the applications that now handle nearly 100% of Microsoft's inbound calls to numbers such as 1-800-Microsoft, 1-800-4MyXbox and the product activation system that Microsoft uses to enable product licenses over the telephone. Vonetix 7 has also been used to develop large and complex applications for a number of IVR systems for banking, credit card and other financial industry customers. The development and deployment capabilities of Vonetix 7 Voice, while constantly evolving, are used daily at Gold Systems for the creation of production systems and applications.
Gold Systems delivers significant benefits to customers by using Vonetix 7 Voice.
- Faster time-to-market
- Higher quality, pre-hardened code
- "Push of a button" portability to other environments
- Streamlining and simplification of enhancements to existing V7V applications
- Consistency of application code and reduced errors through the storage of application behavior and configuration in a database
- Flexibility to utilize future platforms with V7V binding development
Vonetix 7 Voice is different from any IVR or development platform on the market today.
- Vonetix 7 is designed to work with the Microsoft unified communications environment, and supports both a Premises deployment model using VoiceXML or managed code on the Speech Server, as well as a Cloud deployment model with Tellme.
- UC capabilities have been envisioned from the very beginning, combining voice, IM, video, conferencing and presence into a complete solution. Vonetix 7 Voice applications can be extended to take advantage of these capabilities in a way that current systems cannot.
- Vonetix 7 Voice gives us the ability to create an application that can be easily deployed across a variety of Microsoft platforms whether they are on premises or in the cloud.
- The product is evolving to cover the entire lifecycle from design to test to deployment.
Vonetix 7 Voice was born out of 20 years of IVR and speech development experience at Gold Systems, which has given us an understanding of the tools and processes essential to increase development capacity, speed of delivery, flexibility and quality assurance, which have been incorporated into Vonetix 7 Voice.
Vonetix 7 Voice provides:
- High performance — Gold Systems voice engagements range in size from relatively small to some of the largest call flows in existence. Vonetix 7 Voice provides the tools and implementation methodologies that allow us to achieve significant performance benefits over typical voice deployments.
- Data-Driven — Vonetix 7 Voice allows the application to be represented primarily as data in a database. Different types of tools can access the same application, without creating multiple instances of the application. This greatly simplifies the life cycle of the application development.
- Code Re-Use — There is often a high degree of repetitive code development across applications, but code re-use for speech applications is often difficult to abstract from an application. The Vonetix 7 Voice integrated development environment allows Gold Systems to heavily leverage pre-existing code and design in a single environment.
- Elimination of Artifact Duplication — In a typical IVR project, the artifacts - information that must be stored or presented during the course of IVR development (such as prompt lists, audio recordings and test cases) — are manually created, updated and maintained. This effort can result in duplication and error, as well as tremendous inefficiency. Vonetix 7 Voice eliminates the duplication of these assets, and consolidates them in a manner that allows easy and quick reference and use.
- Cross-Microsoft Speech Platforms — The Vonetix 7 Voice development framework allows us to transition applications between the Microsoft Premise and Cloud environments, port among the various IVR platforms, and upgrade to new releases — all without rewriting the application. This flexibility is a critical advantage in bringing customer applications online quickly.
- Integration with Multiple Microsoft Products — Vonetix 7 Voice provides consistent access to new forms of data, such as presence information, available in rich Microsoft platforms including Lync, SharePoint and Dynamics, from any of the speech platforms the framework supports. Additionally, rather than writing a back-end-plug-in to integrate with a new platform for each application, Vonetix 7 Voice allows developers to write the data integration once — providing all our framework speech applications access without a single new line of integration code.